Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Loving Well

**Sit quietly, eyes closed and in silence for one minute before reading.**

    I need help to love someone and especially to love them well. Sometimes it is easy to love someone. You are compatible, speak the same language, they are in your family, etc. sometimes it is not so easy to love someone. You constantly clash, have differing values, they are in your family, etc. Whether it comes easily or not, loving someone well we all need help with.

    Sometimes in my attempt to love well I miss what is meaningful to the person. In my attempt to love well I do not take the time to consider how they receive it, I just give and assume they feel loved. Loving someone well requires research, it requires attentiveness and observation, it requires doing and it requires dependence on God. We need help to love someone well.

    How will you seek to love someone well today?
 
**Sit again in silence for as long as is available to you.**

No comments:

Post a Comment