Thursday, October 10, 2013

The Rules Do Apply

**Sit quietly, eyes closed and in silence for one minute before reading.**

    As I watch people gain greater power and position I watch as they believe the rules do not apply to them. They begin to take advantage of their position, they treat others one way and will not be held to the same level of accountability they are asking of others.

    For some reason I often function as if the rules do not apply to me. I especially take advantage of my position of "Mom".

    Then my kids call me out. It is not pretty, it is humbling and it is needed.

    Will I continue to hear it? Will my heart be soft to hearing their correction and exhortation? I hope so because the rules do apply.


**Sit quietly again for as long as is available to you.**

No comments:

Post a Comment