Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Looking Weak

**Sit quietly, eyes closed and in silence for one minute before reading.**

    I hate looking weak. I fight it because I am so competitive. I do not want to look weak. I do not want to be taken advantage of. I have a great aversion to looking weak yet God calls me to be vulnerable, therefore exposing my weakness.

    So I spend a lot of effort to appear strong, competent and with it. A LOT of effort. Then God takes hold of me and calls me out. He calls me to put my heart on the line, to trust and to look weak. He calls me to be vulnerable and honest.

    And here’s what happens … my vulnerability opens doors for others to be real, honest and vulnerable. It gives them permission to share their hearts, their struggles and frees others to be. We get to be human together.

    How can your vulnerability be a gift to another? How will showing your weaknesses give permission to someone to be themselves?


**Sit again in silence for as long as is available to you.**

No comments:

Post a Comment