Friday, September 6, 2013

Inner Life

**Sit quietly, eyes closed and in silence for one minute before reading.**

    As I read the story of Mary and the announcement of the virgin birth in Luke I am continually struck by Mary’s inner life. Repeatedly in the first chapters of Luke the gospel writer says that she treasured and pondered the words and works of God in her heart.

    I want to be one who attends to God, hears Him and treasures what He says and ponders it. In order to be that a few things need to take place:

Slowing down
Quiet
Paying attention
Listening
Waiting
Trusting

    How about you? Can you hear what God is saying?

    If so, do you treasure his words or are they equal with all other voices?
    Do you meditate on those treasured words and let them sink deep?

    As I seek to, I invite you to as well.


**Sit again in silence for as long as is available to you.**

No comments:

Post a Comment