Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Asking for Help

**Sit quietly, eyes closed and in silence for one minute before reading.**
    It is so hard to ask for help. We’ll exhaust ourselves before we ask another for help. We’ll awkwardly carry a heavy load, bend with a child in one arm to pick up a paper clip and many times overexert ourselves then grumble under our breaths that no one is helping. So, why can’t we just ask for help??

    Asking for help means admitting that I cannot do it all on my own and that I might need others. Asking for help means I actually know what to ask for. So many times I am so overwhelmed and so accustomed to taking care of everything I don’t even know what help to ask for!

    I believe asking for help takes humility, it takes knowing yourself and it takes being realistic about life.

    How can you ask for help today?


**Sit again in silence for as long as is available to you.**

No comments:

Post a Comment