Friday, September 7, 2012

Bloom

**Before you begin reading, sit down, breathe normally and be quiet for 1 minute.**

Bloom where you’re planted. Ugh. If you’re like me I cringe at those words. Bloom where you’re planted, i.e. you’re stuck. For those of us who thrive off of forward motion, these are not words we enjoy hearing. I miss the “bloom” part and let the “you’re planted” part take over. What encourages me is that we are not alone. God desires to “bloom” us and grow us. Even when we feel and might actually be “stuck” God is still in the work of transforming us. I love that He never leaves us and is always interested in us.

**Sit quietly again for as much time as is available to you.**

6 comments:

  1. I truly don't like where God has me right now; I feel "stuck." And the worse part is that I feel so guilty about it. I don't want to be where I am and I'm really struggling with checking out. Thanks for this reminder - I really needed to hear it today (this month, this year).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand, Tanya. I throw temper tantrums that can rival my 3 year old's tantrums! Another source of encouragement me is reading stories of Scripture where God calls people to "Bloom". Jeremiah 29 is one of those. The people are called to plant and bloom. He promises that He hasn't forgotten them and His plans are for their good. In your struggling my prayer is that you hold onto hope.

      Delete
  2. Such a great reminder. A real challenge for me as I look at ahead with eagerness of what might be. Trying to be in the "is".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is difficult being in th present sometimes. I hear ya!

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels stuck. Thank you for the r encouragement.

    ReplyDelete