Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Anxiety and Comfort

**Sit quietly, eyes closed and in silence for one minute before reading.**

    “When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Your consolations delight my soul.” Psalm 94:19

    This verse in the Bible stands out to me. It stood out to me on a day that I was not really anxious about much, at least on the surface. So, what struck me was the idea of God’s consolations, His comforts.

    I am not always one to receive help easily, I tough it out, can do it myself. Yet, when I allow God to comfort me I find great rest and my soul is lifted.

    How has God shown you His consolations? What happens when you receive them?

    Tuck this verse away, it can serve as great reminder of God’s goodness and care for you on those anxious days and nights.


**Sit quietly again in silence for as long as is available to you.**

No comments:

Post a Comment