Monday, August 12, 2013

Sacred Moments

**Sit quietly, eyes closed and in silence for one minute before reading.**

    There is no measure to sacred moments. These are the moments that time stands still, that you are captured in awe. You can feel these moments deep within and you often do not want them to end. Yet … I find myself cutting them short. I cut short gazing at the mountains. I start to speak when it is too soon to say anything at all. I move when I need to be still.
  
    We love sacred moments yet these moments are also overwhelming. They are overwhelmingly other and we do not know what to do with them.

    I would encourage you to fight the temptation to end these moments until the time is right. You’ll know when. Sit in the loveliness, awkwardness and beauty of these sacred moments. They are a sweet gift from God.


**Sit again in silence for as long as is available to you.**

No comments:

Post a Comment