Thursday, February 21, 2013

A Soft Heart

**Sit quietly, eyes closed and in silence for one minute before reading.**
    On a walk a few weeks ago with my children I found my prayer moving towards a prayer for my children. My specific prayer was this: “May they always have a soft heart towards you, God.”
    You see I know what it is to have a hard heart. A heart that will not accept love no matter what efforts are made, how hard the person tries. I know what it is to have a heart that rejects love. Being intimately aware of what a hard heart is my overwhelming prayer for my children is that they would have soft hearts, in particular soft hearts towards God. I pray they will always be willing to accept God’s love. I pray they would allow Him to gather them up and would rest in Him.

    What prayer do you have for your children’s hearts? What prayer do you have for your own?

**Sit in silence again for as long as is available to you.**

No comments:

Post a Comment