Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Be Strong and Courageous

**Sit quietly, eyes closed in silence for one minute before reading.**
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
    What fears linger in your mind? How has your heart been discouraged lately?
Much of my fear happens in isolation, particularly in the isolation of my mind, in my thoughts. No one knows I am afraid or discouraged unless I tell them. A close friend or husband might be able to tell through my actions or my tone, but to most people, they cannot see.
    If others cannot see my fear and discouragement that means I cannot see theirs either. I do not know what lingers in their minds and weighs down their heart.
    The command that God gives Joshua is a command for us as well. Be strong, be courageous for God is with you. God is WITH you, next to you, all the time, anytime. You are not alone and He knows your fears and your discouragement.
    May the presence of God empower and embolden you to live courageously, without fear and lifted up out of discouragement.

**Sit in quiet again for as long as is available to you.**

No comments:

Post a Comment