Friday, February 8, 2013

The Gift of Rest

**Sit quietly, eyes closed in silence for one minute before reading.**

    My kids fight to take a nap and I do not get it. Why are they fighting rest? Do they not know how good they have it?? It is exactly what they need yet they do not know it.
    How about you? Do you fight rest? I am not talking sleep. I know that none of us fight sleep. I am talking rest from achieving, rest from performing, rest from productivity? The rest in which we fall back into the arms of a loving God and do nothing.
     We often fight the “nap” that God is offering us, throwing a fit while He KNOWS we need this gift of rest He offers us.
    I believe that God offers us rest. He offers us rest from performance; rest from achievement and from what we believe is productive. God gives us times, seasons and moments of rest and being a confessing over-achiever I fight Him.
    How about you? Do you fight the gift of rest? How is God calling you to rest in Him today?
**Sit again for as long as is available to you.**

No comments:

Post a Comment