Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Two Minutes

  Sometimes all you want is two minutes. Two minutes to sit ... in silence ... alone. Most moms I know do not have two minutes to sit alone in silence and if they do they are asleep. Many moms I talk to also say that the first thing to go is actively cultivating their spiritual lives. Women who are intelligent, hold post-graduate degrees in religion tell me that cultivating their spiritual lives has gone out the window. Women who are full time moms and work outside the home full time struggle too. Full time stay at home moms are struggling as well.
   In the midst of the unknown, unexpected, constant demand of life a lot of times all we want to do is sleep, sit and escape. We are engaging people, things, decisions all day long and to think of engaging something else is overwhelming. To think of pursuing God and cultivating our spiritual lives is daunting.
   "Two Minutes for Mommy" is an opportunity for moms to sit, be and receive. My hope is that in two minutes (or more if you'd like) you can receive some rest and spiritual encouragement that will lead you through the day. My hope is that these two minutes will miraculously multiply into the hundreds of minutes in your day, nourishing and sustaining you.

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea, Laura! May many be blessed by your encouragement!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray!!! I'm so excited about this and ready to be encouraged. :) Thank you in advance! - Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally got myself back to Google mail so I can see your blog. Thank you soooooooo much for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, it's a joy for me and God continues to bring me words. I need them and I'm learning so do many others! Thanks!

      Delete