Friday, September 14, 2012

Flattery

**Before you begin reading, sit down, breathe normally and be quiet for 1 minute.**

Flattery. We all love a little bit of flattery! As we spend most of our days doing what we consider menial work, we crave (and need!) any encouragement we can get! I want to be encouraged when I take the time and energy for makeup, hair and clothing other than workout clothes! I will take false or true encouragement because it makes me feel good, important and valued. The danger in false encouragement is that it builds up something that is not truly who I am. False encouragement paints a picture of who I am not rather than who I am. Sure we would rather have all forms of encouragement but at the end of the day I would rather have fewer true encouragements that many false encouragements. We all want to feel good, important and valued, especially when it does not seem that our work as moms is making any significant impact. Flattery comes and goes – smile and move on. Take true encouragement to heart and let it take root.

**Sit quietly again for as much time as is available to you.**

No comments:

Post a Comment