Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Divine Butler or Gracious Father?

**Sit quietly, eyes closed and in silence for one minute before reading.**

    How do you see God? Do you expect Him ready to respond to you at any given moment? Do you see Him responding immediately the moment you make a request? Do you see Him as the Divine Butler, the one who waits for you to speak and is at your beck and call?

    Taking a look at my emotions and accusations when God doesn’t respond the truth comes forward that I see Him as a Divine Butler rather than a Gracious Father. As I erupt in anger or plummet into sadness when He doesn’t respond how and when I want Him to I am convinced I call the shots, I know best, I am the boss.

    A Divine Butler He is not rather a Gracious Father He is. A Father who knows perfectly when to respond and exactly how to given the child He is speaking to. A Father that knows our past, present and future and gives good gifts in love and grace. A Father who loves us too much to meet us in our every bidding. A Father who knows us more deeply than we know ourselves and responds and meets us in our depths rather than our shallow requests.

    How will you see God as a Gracious Father today?


**Sit again in silence for as long as is available to you.**

No comments:

Post a Comment