Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Being Mean

**Sit quietly, eyes closed and in silence for one minute before reading.**

    Our minds have endless opportunities to worry. We worry about finances, loved ones, children, swimming pools when our kids cannot swim yet, car accidents when they are driving, how we look, terrorists, random violence and attacks. (Do I need to continue??)

    As my minds downs the spiral straight downward into more worry I become really mean. My mind plays out potential pain and death scenarios and I snap at those around me. I am so fixates on a made up future than I spend my emotional, mental and physical energy on the unknown rather than the known that is in front of me. Not only that, the known in front of me receives the worst part of me.

    How about you, how does worry effect those around you? How are you living in an unknown future rather than the known present?


**Sit again in silence for as long as is available to you.**

No comments:

Post a Comment