Monday, June 17, 2013

Burdening Alone

**Sit quietly, eyes closed and in silence for one minute before reading.**

    We were never meant to carry burdens alone and yet we do it all the time.

    I often find myself trying to do it all … alone. I find myself exhausted, frustrated and depleted. The load is too much. Taking on burdens alone means that I cannot do well what I said I would do. Well maybe I can for a while, but not long. Something suffers.

    Taking on burdens alone also means I deny someone else the opportunity to serve God how He has called and gifted them. I rob the community from the gifts and offerings of another.

    As I take burdens on alone I harm myself, my family, others and the body of Christ.

    Are you carrying burdens alone? Which burdens can you share with others? Would you ask God to help you see and know who to ask?


**Sit again in silence for as long as is available to you.**

No comments:

Post a Comment