Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Public Failure

**Sit quietly, eyes closed and in silence for one minute before reading.**

    I have rear-ended someone with my car at least once in my life.

    Oh how I wanted to make an excuse, sugar coat it, make it look better than it was. Bottom line, I made a mistake. Sometimes I hate being a normal human who makes simple mistakes. Why? Because then I have to admit I am not perfect and that for some reason I am above everyone else in my capabilities.

    I want to look good. I want to look perfect yet time and time again I am not. I am reminded of my imperfections plenty of times at home or with forgiving friends, but in public, ugh. There is not hiding public failure.

    There is a humility that is required with public failure. If not humility, other options are shame or saving face. And neither good or true.

    How about you? How are you tempted to cover up failure? Save face?
Maybe you lean towards the opposite – you pour shame over yourself?
May truth break through today and humility lead.


**Sit again in silence for as long as is available to you.**

No comments:

Post a Comment