Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Not a Savior

**Sit quietly, eyes closed and in silence for one minute before reading.**
 
    Grieving the change in a friendship, I find myself uncertain of what to do. Do I call for closure? Do I let it be? How do I heal from this change and loss?

    I have found myself dreaming about this friendship too. The latest was of me “saving the day” in her life. Reflecting upon it one morning I sensed God speaking, “You are not her savior”.

    I am grieving the loss of closeness, conversation, laughter … and being needed. I meet needs and she doesn’t really need me anymore. So, I need to let go of being her savior.

    How about you? How do you meet needs and love people well without falling into thinking you’re the only one who can and who should help?

    How do you help well yet hold that role in proper perspective to our great Savior?
 

**Sit again in silence for as long as is available to you.**

No comments:

Post a Comment