Monday, July 29, 2013

Pushing Away

**Sit quietly, eyes closed and in silence for one minute before reading.**

    Not being able to control something or someone we often push away. Not understanding how to respond to someone with mental illness or physical handicaps we avoid. I am convicted by how often I push others away in fear. I am convicted that I push away and avoid rather than enter into and love.

    I do whatever is the opposite of incarnate. I do not enter in, I pull out. There is wisdom in how all this is done and I recognize each situation is different.

    What I do know about myself is that more often than not I pull out rather than enter in.

    Is there someone you have been pushing away? Might God be calling you to enter in?


**Sit again in silence for as long as is available to you.**

No comments:

Post a Comment