Monday, July 15, 2013

Anchor

**Sit quietly, eyes closed and in silence for one minute before reading.**

    My son asked me what an anchor was today. My initial response was that an anchor is something that keeps us steady. Thinking more upon it, I realize my initial response was not accurate. One thing an anchor does is it keeps a ship from drifting away. While there is the constant unsteadiness because of the water around and underneath, the anchor keeps the ship from being carried away.

    I think about this and realize there is always opportunity for the waters around us to grow incredibly unsteady, fast and even violent. There is always opportunity for the waters to send us rocking, swaying and unsure. The reality of life is the reality of a body of water, the unexpected can happen any time.

    So we need an anchor. We need an anchor that holds us while we are incredibly unsteady, an anchor the keeps us from drifting, an anchor that will not move. That anchor is God, who gives us the faith to live each day with the waters.

    How has God been your anchor lately?


**Sit again in silence for as long as is available to you.**

No comments:

Post a Comment