Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Hope ... More than a Feeling

**Sit quietly, eyes closed and in silence for one minute before reading.**

    I have heard many describe hope as a feeling. Yes, hope can be a feeling, yet it is so much more.

    For someone whose feelings go up and down quite regularly, if I based my hope solely on my feelings then I would be a mess. Hope as a feeling may make us feel better but it is not solid, it wavers and in this life, I need hope to be strong.

    Hope is based on a person. It is based on the actions because of the love of this person. Hope is based on one sacrificing their life for mine. It is based on the surrender of their life for the sake of my life. Hope is based on the promises and work of God. It is a gift given to us that has a strong foundation based on unwavering promises and words.

    More than a feeling, hope steadies us and grounds us.

    Is your hope more than a feeling?


**Sit again in silence for as long as is available to you.**

No comments:

Post a Comment