Monday, October 8, 2012

The Camera Shot

**Before you begin reading, sit down, breathe normally and be quiet for 1 minute.**

    Assumptions. We make them all the time. One great assumption we make is that if we cannot see something then it is not there. I think of how many times I am behind the video camera shooting a video of my kids or my kids with another person. I wonder if later on in life my kids will look at those videos and wonder why their mom is not in them. I am afraid they will think that I am not there and was not involved in their lives when in fact I am very present and very involved, I just did not get myself on video.
    Sometimes I wonder if that is how I see God – I do not see him in the camera shot and wonder if He’s there. Just like my kids, I have a limited view and cannot see everyone who is in the room. There is more to the room than what the camera is catching. We think that we can see it all, everything and everyone in the room but there is more to life than what we can see. If we limit our faith and hope to our sight then we can be led to wonder if God is actually there when in fact He has been there all along.
    Can you see beyond the camera shot?

**Sit quietly again for as much time as is available to you.**

No comments:

Post a Comment