Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Live "Here"

**Before you begin reading, sit down, breathe normally and be quiet for 1 minute.**
    I love daydreaming, imagining, making up the future. I love visioning, goal setting and planning. I spend a lot of mental energy in the future playing out the unknown, imagining and dreaming, solving problems, raising anxieties. I play out these imaginary scenarios yet these scenarios often do not come to existence. Life almost never plays out in my head like I think it will. Everything is different and there are choices that I would have never thought of. I spend a lot of mental energy “there” rather than “here”. In a sense I am living “there” rather than “here”. All that mental energy was spent in a future than never came about rather than a present that is real.
    Dreaming, planning, wisdom are all good things yet we do not live “there”, we live “here”. When we spend more time living “there” rather than “here” we miss people, words, moments and we miss God. When we spend more time living “there” rather than “here” we also raise anxieties, worries and issues that do not exist and may not ever.
    Where do you spend your mental energy? Do you live “here” or do you live “there”? If “there”, what can you do to live more “here”?



**Sit quietly again for as much time as is available to you.**

No comments:

Post a Comment