Monday, November 12, 2012

Enjoying the Present through Slowing

**Before you begin reading, sit down, breathe normally and be quiet for 1 minute.**

   
Slowing and the Present. Today, like very few other days of the year, I really want to live in the present. It is my daughter’s first birthday. I want to live this day FULLY. I do not want to miss anything and if I packed out my schedule with things then I totally would.
    Slowing naturally leads us to live more fully in the present. When we’re running around in a frenzy we are constantly looking for the next task that needs to be completed, the next to-do. We completely miss the present. What a way to live life!
    I don’t know about you, but I struggle to live in the present. I truly have to discipline myself to slow down and a result of that slowly is living in and enjoying the present. I am not forcing myself to live in the present, I simply slow things down and enjoying the present comes naturally. My life has less anxieties and worries about the future and a by-product is enjoying the present.
    Sure there was her party to plan and there is college to plan for, but slowing and getting rid of the unnecessary frees me to savor the present, savor those around me and savor God as He meets me in today.

**Sit quietly again for as much time as is available to you.**

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This REALLY spoke to me personally...I seriously need to focus on the present and slow down, I live with a "to-do" list that I'm constantly letting rule my life. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete