Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Surprises

**Before you begin reading, sit down, breathe normally and be quiet for 1 minute.**

    I’m not much of one for surprises. My husband can tell you that. I figured out some of his surprise proposal plans before he even began to put the plan into place! I am pretty difficult to surprise yet God often surprises me. He surprises me with His grace, with His kindness and with plans that I could never have dreamed of. His surprises are sweet gifts.
    I was recently reading a book in which the author said this as she observed the life of Jesus: “No one is ever prepared for what Jesus will do”. It is true, none of us is prepared and we cannot be. Jesus is the master of surprises. For Jesus, I am not difficult to surprise at all. I love that (although sometimes I do wish I could get a peek at His plans!)
    How has God surprised you lately? What has Jesus done that you were not prepared for? How does this encourage you to trust God more and more?


**Sit quietly again for as much time as is available to you.**
Have more than two minutes? Read and meditate on the truth in Ephesians 3:20-21

No comments:

Post a Comment