Monday, March 4, 2013

Calling the Shots

**Sit quietly, eyes closed in silence for one minute before reading.**

    Left to my own devices I am tempted to call the shots. Left to my own power I am tempted to believe that I can call the shots. Left without truth and reminders of God’s faithfulness I am tempted to take over and call the shots for my life.

    My heart is prone to wander. It is prone to wander away from God, away from trusting Him and away from relationship. My heart is prone to self-protect and walk away rather than be vulnerable and walk towards God.

    How grateful I am that God is not prone to wander and He has no need to self-protect. He is the most vulnerable and the most intimate. He is also the most loving yet I am tempted to doubt His goodness and faithfulness.

    I am tempted to call the shots because deep down I think that He has abandoned me. I believe that He has forgotten and someone’s gotta take care of things and that someone is me. I am tempted to jump the gun and call the shots while Jesus calls me to wait and trust. Wait. Trust. I’ve got it, Laura.

    When are you tempted to take over and call the shots? Take some time and allow God to show you what is going on beneath the surface, under the desire to call the shots.

**Sit again in silence for as long as is available to you.**

No comments:

Post a Comment