Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Looking Around

**Sit quietly, eyes closed and in silence for one minute before reading.**

    I don’t know about you but I look around a lot. I look around to see a cute outfit, how someone is parenting, what they are reading, how they are responding. I look around A LOT. I learn from observation and too many times people have caught me staring. (Sorry about that).

    There is a lot to learn from looking around and from watching. There is a lot to unlearn as well. This past Sunday I was reminded how the nation of Israel looked around as well. They looked around and rather than learning, growing, being thankful and trusting God, they demanded. They looked around and demanded that God serve them in certain ways, that He give them certain things and act like they wanted.

    If I am honest with myself, I realize I am much like the Israelites. I look around and say, “God, why won’t you do that?” or “God, I would like that.” Often God does not honor my requests and even if I am not grateful in the moment, I have opportunity to turn His response into gratitude.
   
    What about you? Do you look around?

**Sit again in silence for as long as is available to you.**

No comments:

Post a Comment