Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Ms. Fix-It

**Sit quietly, eyes closed and in silence for one minute before reading.**

    I have a habit of fixing things, of helping, of stepping in when not asked or offering help without asking. I have often hurt things by my attempt to help. For some reason, I assume that everyone could use some help. Not only do I assume that everyone could use my help, I also place that assumption on God.

    Surely God needs my help to fix my sin, to smooth out rough edges and to take care of things. Surely God could use some assistance. (Are you laughing yet??)

    If I am honest with myself I am trying to fix me rather than allow God to transform me. Fixing has me in charge, in control and with a timeline. Allow God to transform me involves trust, surrender and His timeline. (Did I just use three curse words?)

    How are you trying to “fix it” rather than trusting God to transform? How will you trust in His perfect process to conform you to become more and more like Christ?


**Sit quietly again for as long as is available to you.**

1 comment: