Monday, April 22, 2013

Celebrating

**Sit quietly, eyes closed and in silence for one minute before reading.**

    This weekend we celebrated my son’s fourth birthday. So. Much. Fun. It was such a joy getting ready to celebrate him and celebrating with others that care for him so dearly. What a joy and a gift.

    If I could just bottle up my joy and then consider this joy as a fraction of how God celebrates over me I would live life differently. To live under the great joy of a great Father frees us to live fully. It frees us to live into our fullest selves, into our fullest reflection of God’s image and into the work we are called to in this life.

    The next time you think, feel or experience great joy over a child or someone you love, consider God’s great joy over you. Run with this image of a God who delights and rejoices over you!


**Sit again in silence for as long as is available to you.**

No comments:

Post a Comment