Thursday, January 24, 2013

Guarantees

**Sit quietly, eyes closed, for one minute before reading.**

    I want guarantees. I work for guarantees. I get frustrated when I cannot guarantee myself or my family certain things. I want to guarantee that we will always have money, have a house, have food, be protected physically, emotionally and so on. I want guarantees especially for my children.
    We are not guaranteed health or comfort, money or security, food or shelter. We are not guaranteed anything and it can be exhausting trying to set up those guarantees. There is nothing wrong with those things and it is good that we protect, provide, serve, work, etc. It is the striving to make them guarantees that is wearing and futile. When I strive to make guarantees I am essentially saying, “God, I don’t need you, I got this under control”.
        God is the only one who can give us guarantees. The guarantees we have are based in who He is. He is true, He is good and He is so much more. In Christ we are guaranteed eternal life. In Christ we are also guaranteed hardship in this life (I don’t like this one). In Christ we are guaranteed the love of an amazing Father.
    Do you strive for guarantees? For securities? What is God calling you to let go of and trust Him with?


**Sit again in quiet for as long as is available to you.**

No comments:

Post a Comment