Friday, January 25, 2013

Surrender

**Sit quietly, eyes closed, for one minute before reading.**

“One of the greatest paradoxes of the Gospel [of Christ] is that surrender is victory.”

                      -
Brennan Manning – “The Relentless Tenderness of God”
    Surrender. Let go. At times the word surrender seems like a curse word. I do not like it and I often "surrender" begrudgingly.
    Well, fortunately for you and me, God is in the business of taking our hands off of things that we are grasping onto too tightly. For some of us it is our pride. For some of us it is our personal ambition. For some of us it is a lie that we have believed for too long.
    Surrender. The great paradox of surrender is that it leads to victory. Counter-intuitive, right?
    What is God calling you to give up to Him? How is He calling you to victory? Surrender and wait for the unfathomable victory of following Christ.


**Sit again in quiet for as long as is available to you.**

2 comments:

  1. How do you know just what to write for me? Thank you for this dedicated moment in my day. I look so forward to my two+ minutes each morning and appreciate your words of wisdom, inquiry, scripture, and focus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, I love hearing how God is working in your life through the words He gives to me. Thank you for your encouragement.
      Stay strong in your two+ minutes!

      Delete