Monday, January 7, 2013

Sacrifice and Vision

**Sit quietly for one minute before beginning to read.**
    A friend and I have committed to train for a 10k. We have picked a date, we are coming up with a plan and we are going for it! We have a vision of where we’re going and we KNOW there will be sacrifices getting there – time, energy, discipline, etc.
    There is great dependence in sacrifice and in vision. I think of all the little things I do each day sacrificially and get bogged down, tired and have a little pity party. These sacrifices are being made for an outcome I am looking towards but often I lose sight of what that is, I lose sight of the vision. I do not often enough put my vision before me.
    I think of goals, hopes and vision that I have for myself, for those I am leading and my children. I love this and often I get overwhelmed down when I hit the hard stuff, the stuff I do not like or have to persevere through. A great vision will demand sacrifice, will demand discomfort and will demand a lot (if not all) of me.
    When you have both working together in harmony the sacrifices are worth it, you see the end goal, it is constantly before you. The vision keeps you going, making the same sacrifices over and over again, and persevering. The sacrifices are worth it because you see the goal ahead of you.
    What vision or goal do you have for yourself, for those you are leading and influencing? In what ways can you keep in constant before you as you daily sacrifice?

**Sit again for as long as is available to you.**

No comments:

Post a Comment